The airGRteaching R-package
The airGRteaching package has been designed to fulfil a major requirement: facilitating the use of the airGR functionalities by students. The names of the functions and their arguments were chosen to this end.
The package is mostly based on three families of functions:
– the functions that allow to complete very simply a hydrological modelling exercise;
– plotting functions to help students to explore observed data and to interpret the results of calibration and simulation of the GR models;
– a function which runs a ‘Shiny’ graphical interface that allows for displaying in real-time model parameters impacts on hydrographs.
Graphical user interface
You can freely test the online version of the interface on the sunshine platform.
For more information and to getting started with the package, you can go on the airGRteaching website.
If you use airGRteaching, we ask you to use the following references to cite the package in your publications (you can obtain the references in R using the following command: citation(“airGRteaching”)) :
- Delaigue, O., Thirel, G., Coron, L., Brigode, P. (2018). airGR and airGRteaching: Two open-source tools for rainfall-runoff modeling and teaching hydrology. HIC 2018. 13th International Conference on Hydroinformatics (eds. G.L. Loggia, G. Freni, V. Puleo & M.D. Marchis), vol. 3 of EPiC Series in Engineering, p. 541-548, EasyChair. DOI: 10.1016/10.29007/qsqj.
- Delaigue, O., Coron, L., Brigode, P. (XXXX). airGRteaching: Teaching Hydrological Modelling with GR (Shiny Interface Included). R package version X.X.X.X. DOI: 10.15454/W0SSKT. URL: https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=airGRteaching.
|Author:||Olivier Delaigue, Laurent Coron, Pierre Brigode|
|Contact:||airGR [at] inrae.fr|
More oral communication materials are available on the ‘Publications’ page of the airGRteaching website.