The figure below presents the GR4J model (in French, modèle du Génie Rural à 4 paramètres Journalier). More recent versions of the model exist: with five parametres (GR5J; Le Moine, 2008) and six parametres (GR6J; Pushpalatha, 2013). They were developed to provide a better simulation of low flows.
The functioning of the GR4J model is detailed here.
Interception = interception
Réservoir de production = production store
Réservoir de routage = routing store
To know more: check our publications.
- The GR4J code in Excel.
- The GR4J code in the R-package airGR (together with other hydrological models).
- The GR4J code in the R-package airGRteaching (together with other hydrological models).
- The state-space version of the GR4 model.
- A CSIRO study on the application of GR4J on 240 Australian catchments: Pagano, T., P. Hapuarachchi, and Q. Wang (2010), Continuous rainfall-runoff model comparison and short-term daily streamflow forecast skill evaluation, CSIRO Tech. Rep. EP103545, 70 pp., CSIRO, Australia.
- The PhD work of M. Le Lay (2006), with an application of the GR4J model on a catchment in Benin.